Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How much does media on iTunes cost and can I use an Gift Card in the iPod Touch iTunes Store?

My sister and I want to save up money to buy an iPod Touch. I'm not really familiar with iTunes. What are the prices for TV Shows, Movies, and Songs? Also, can iTunes Gift Cards be used in the iTunes Store on the iPod Touch?|||All the prices on the iTunes store do vary.





TV Shows:


$0.99 or $1.99


Most content is $1.99, but Apple seems to be negotiating a new $0.99 price point for many TV Shows. Most shows can also be purchased in HD for an extra dollar.





Movies:


$9.99, $14.99, or $19.99 to own


$3.99 or $4.99 to rent


Many movies priced around $15 to own, and $5 to rent. Many movies can be rented, but some can't.





Music:


$0.99, $1.29, or $1.49 songs


$1.99 music videos


Most of the music will be $0.99, and the more popular music being $1.29. Some other items go up to $1.49, but I have not seen many at that price point. You can also buy music videos, most of which will be $1.99.





And yes, iTunes gift cards can be redeemed on either iTunes or on the iPod and items can be purchased on iTunes or on the iPod. Of course, you'll use the same account with both, so if you redeem a card on iTunes, you CAN spend it on the iPod, or vice versa, since it's the same account.





Hope that helps. :)|||Songs are anywhere from 1.33 to 0.99, depending on its popularity. Movies and tv shows it really depends. You can use the itunes gift card on your itouch, but I like to use it on my computer and sync the songs onto my ipod, that way I can listen to the music on my computer if my ipod isn't plugged in.

No comments:

Post a Comment